I’ve been watching HYPE more closely than usual these past few weeks, and the price action feels like one of those moments where the market is holding its breath. Sitting just above $75 on October 25, the token has already given back nearly 19 percent of its value over the past month after that strong September push toward $98. The question traders keep asking is simple yet uncomfortable: does this turn into a deeper slide toward $65, or can buyers finally push it back above $80?
Current Market Snapshot And Why HYPE Feels Stuck
Right now HYPE trades in a narrow range between roughly $74.50 and $76.80. The 24-hour move looks almost calm on the surface, up only a fraction of a percent, yet the broader picture is less reassuring. Seven-day performance still sits in the red, and that monthly decline of nearly 19 percent keeps reminding everyone how quickly momentum can fade.
Trading volume remains respectable at around $650 million in a day, but the real story sits in the derivatives market. Futures volume dropped more than 15 percent while open interest edged slightly lower to just over $3 billion. That combination usually signals caution. Traders are still active, yet they seem less eager to add fresh leverage.
Options activity jumped sharply, though the absolute numbers stay much smaller than the perpetual futures market. I wouldn’t read too much into that spike yet. It feels more like selective hedging than a full shift in sentiment.
One detail that stands out is the long bias. Around 78 percent of tracked futures positions lean long. That figure can look healthy until price starts slipping. When too many traders sit on the same side, any sudden drop risks triggering a wave of liquidations. I’ve seen this pattern play out more times than I care to count.
Why Exchange Outflows Matter More Than They First Appear
Despite the soft price, spot flows keep showing net withdrawals from centralized exchanges. On the day in question the number hovered near $2.5 million, and larger daily outflows of $20 million to $30 million appeared several times across September and October. These numbers do not automatically mean strong accumulation, but they do reduce the amount of HYPE sitting ready for sale on exchanges.
Tokens leaving exchanges can end up in private wallets, other venues, or long-term storage. The important point is that continuous outflows often reduce immediate selling pressure. Yet HYPE still failed to hold gains above $80, which tells me demand has not been strong enough to absorb residual supply.
Large holders continue moving size between platforms and self-custody. At the same time the protocol’s own Assistance Fund keeps buying tokens with eligible fees. By mid-October that fund had already spent more than $1.3 billion and collected over 48 million HYPE. Those purchases create a steady source of demand that most projects simply do not have.
In my view the buyback mechanism is one of the more interesting structural features here. It does not guarantee higher prices, especially when overall market sentiment turns cautious, but it does remove tokens from circulation over time. That support becomes more visible when trading activity stays healthy.
Technical Picture: RSI, MACD And The Battle Around $75
Looking at the daily chart, HYPE continues to print lower highs after the September peak. That pattern alone keeps short-term control with the sellers. The Relative Strength Index sits near 34, below its own moving average and drifting closer to the classic oversold zone of 30. Oversold conditions can last longer than expected in a downtrend, so the reading is interesting but not yet a clear buy signal.
The MACD remains firmly negative. Both the main line and signal line trade below zero, and the histogram stays in negative territory. Momentum has not flipped. Until that changes, any bounce risks running into fresh selling.
Several independent chart watchers have highlighted the same zones. The $70 to $75 area acts as the first meaningful weekly support. Below that sits a Fibonacci level near $65 that many consider a deeper target if the current floor gives way. On the upside, resistance clusters between $90 and $100, with even higher long-term projections only becoming realistic after a clean break above the previous range high.
The $70–$75 zone is the level that needs to hold if bulls want to keep hopes alive for a quicker recovery.
One trader has floated the possibility of a developing head-and-shoulders pattern that could eventually point toward $50. Patterns like that remain interpretive until the neckline actually breaks. For now they serve more as a warning than a confirmed roadmap.
Key Price Levels Traders Are Watching Closely
Immediate resistance sits near $80. A daily close above that mark would be the first meaningful improvement after weeks of weakness. Beyond that, $85 and then $90 become the next hurdles. Only a sustained move through the $90–$100 region would reopen the door to the stronger targets discussed earlier.
On the downside the sequence is clearer. A decisive break below $75 brings $70 into play. If that level also fails, the $65 Fibonacci area becomes the logical next magnet. Below there the chart starts looking more damaged, and deeper projections enter the conversation.
- Immediate support: $74.50–$75 zone
- Secondary support: $70
- Major Fibonacci support: near $65
- First resistance: $80
- Stronger resistance cluster: $90–$100
These levels are not magic numbers. They simply represent areas where previous buying or selling interest concentrated. Markets respect them until they don’t. Still, having a clear map helps avoid emotional decisions when volatility spikes.
Protocol Fees And The Ongoing Buyback Engine
Away from pure price charts, Hyperliquid continues generating meaningful trading fees. Recent estimates put daily protocol fees near $1.7 million and monthly figures above $54 million. Those numbers fluctuate with volume, of course, yet they feed the Assistance Fund that systematically buys HYPE on the open market.
An additional revenue stream from the AQAv2 mechanism expands the pool of eligible income directed toward the same fund. In practice this creates a structural buyer that does not disappear when retail sentiment cools. I find that feature genuinely useful when evaluating longer-term potential, even if it cannot override a broad market sell-off in the short run.
The platform has also drawn attention through its HIP-3 framework, which lets approved developers launch additional perpetual markets. Growth in that area could eventually support higher fee generation, though results will depend on actual adoption and trading interest.
Derivatives Positioning And Liquidation Risk
The heavy long bias in futures remains a double-edged sword. When price drifts higher the crowded side can accelerate the move. When price slips, the same positioning can force liquidations that deepen the decline. Open interest staying elevated while volume declines often means existing positions are being held rather than rolled or reduced. That environment can become fragile quickly.
I’ve noticed that markets sometimes grind lower for days while open interest stays stubbornly high, only to accelerate once a key support finally breaks. The current setup around $75 carries some of that tension. Traders who remain long need the level to hold. Those waiting for a clearer signal may prefer to see either a reclaim of $80 or a decisive move lower that clears out weak hands.
What A Break Below $75 Could Mean
If HYPE loses the $75 area on a daily closing basis, attention shifts rapidly to $70. That zone has acted as a weekly support before and may attract dip buyers. Should it fail as well, the next logical target sits near the 0.618 Fibonacci retracement around $65. Reaching that level would represent a deeper correction from the September high and would likely test the conviction of longer-term holders.
At the same time, continuous exchange outflows and ongoing buybacks could limit how far and how fast any decline travels. The market does not move in a vacuum. Structural demand still exists even when technicals look heavy.
What Recovery Above $80 Would Signal
A clean daily close above $80 would be the first real sign that sellers are losing control. From there the path toward $85 and eventually the $90–$100 resistance band becomes more realistic. Breaking that higher cluster would require stronger volume and a shift in the broader risk environment, yet it would reopen the possibility of testing previous highs and beyond.
Some longer-term scenarios sketch targets in the $150–$200 range, but those only become relevant after a confirmed breakout and sustained trend change. For now the more immediate battle remains between the $75 support and the $80 resistance.
Balancing Structural Strength Against Near-Term Weakness
Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the current situation is the contrast between technical softness and underlying protocol activity. Fees keep flowing. The Assistance Fund keeps buying. Tokens continue leaving exchanges. None of these factors prevent short-term price declines, yet they do create a different backdrop compared with projects that lack any form of systematic demand.
In my experience markets eventually notice consistent buy pressure, though the timing can frustrate even patient observers. The present range around $75 feels like a decision point. Either the support holds and buyers gradually regain control, or the level breaks and the next support zones come into play.
Risk management remains essential either way. Leverage can amplify both gains and losses, especially when open interest stays elevated and positioning leans heavily in one direction. Watching how price behaves at the key levels outlined earlier offers a clearer framework than reacting to every small intraday swing.
Broader Context For Altcoin Performance
HYPE does not trade in isolation. Broader crypto market conditions still influence capital flows into higher-beta names. When Bitcoin and major assets struggle to reclaim higher ranges, altcoins often face additional headwinds. Conversely, any sustained improvement in risk appetite can lift tokens that already show structural demand.
Volume trends across the wider market matter as well. Declining futures activity in HYPE mirrors a more cautious stance among leveraged traders in general. That environment tends to favor cleaner technical breaks once a direction finally asserts itself.
Practical Takeaways For Watching The Next Move
Rather than trying to predict the exact path, I prefer to focus on clear decision points. A hold of the $75 area followed by a push through $80 would improve the short-term outlook. A clean break below $75 would shift focus to $70 and then $65. The buyback program and ongoing outflows provide a floor of sorts, yet they have not prevented the recent correction.
Volume confirmation will be important on any breakout attempt. Low-volume rallies often fade. Stronger participation on the upside would carry more weight. On the downside, an increase in selling volume through support would raise the probability of reaching the lower targets.
- Monitor daily closes around $75 for confirmation of support or breakdown
- Watch for a reclaim of $80 as the first constructive signal
- Track futures open interest and long-short ratios for signs of overcrowding
- Note continued exchange outflows as a potential supply reduction factor
- Keep protocol fee trends and buyback activity in the longer-term picture
None of these points replace individual research or risk controls. Markets can remain irrational longer than expected, and unexpected news can override any technical setup. Still, having a structured view of the levels and the underlying mechanics helps cut through the noise.
Final Thoughts On The Path Ahead
HYPE sits at an interesting crossroads. The technical structure remains soft after the post-September decline, with RSI and MACD both reflecting persistent selling pressure. At the same time the protocol continues generating fees and systematically buying tokens while exchange balances trend lower. That combination creates a more complex picture than a simple bearish or bullish narrative.
Whether the next major move targets $65 or climbs back above $80 will depend on how price reacts at the current support zone and whether buyers can generate enough momentum to clear nearby resistance. I’ve found that waiting for clearer confirmation often proves less stressful than forcing a view too early.
The coming sessions should provide more clarity. A decisive break in either direction will likely set the tone for the weeks ahead. Until then the $75 level remains the line in the sand that both sides are watching closely.
This article is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Cryptocurrency markets are volatile and carry substantial risk. Always conduct your own research and consider your personal financial situation before making any decisions.